This avocado, tomato, and turkey bacon salad is all the goodness of a BLT sandwich without a crushing load of carbs! It is also impressive visually and EASY to prepare which makes it the perfect dish for an impromptu dinner party. The parsley reduction dressing is something special. Enjoy this with a single glass of chilled chardonnay!
Cook Time: 20 Min. • Serves: 2 • Calories: 523 • Total Fat: 42 grams • Protein: 19 grams
Ripe avocado, tomato, and turkey bacon salad with a fresh parsley reduction dressing.
For the Dressing:
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp stevia or other sugar substitute
- 2 tbsp. chopped flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tbsp turkey bacon drippings (see method below)
For the Salad
- 2 firm-ripe avocados, putted, peeled, and each cut into 6 wedges
- 2 firm-ripe beef steak tomatoes, each cut into 6 wedges
- 6 slices turkey bacon
1. Cook turkey bacon in a large frying pan over medium-low heat until the turkey bacon crisp on both sides. Trader Joe’s brand turkey bacon is fantastic and nitrate free. Nutritionally turkey bacon is much better for you than regular pork bacon!
2. Drain the turkey bacon on paper towels and let cool. Remove your frying pan from the heat and discard all but 2 tbsp. of the turkey bacon fat. You will need to fat/ drippings for the dressing!
3. Divide and sort the fresh avocado and tomato wedges on your plates. Have fun with the natural shapes of the vegetables when you plate them. You will notice that we arranged the wedges in a crescent shape to offset the angular serving plate.
4. Now for the sauce! Heat the reserved turkey bacon fat on the stove and add the garlic and a ¼ cup water (carefully, because it will splatter a little), fresh squeezed lemon juice, and stevia. Simmer the sauce for a minute while stirring. Different stoves have different heating dynamics, don’t be afraid to turn down your burners if it looks like the sauce is going to burn! The sauce should not look like boiling water on the verge of evaporating, it should steam and bubble only slightly.
5. Next stir in the fresh chopped parsley and crumble the turkey bacon into the sauce. Immediately pour the sauce over avocado and tomato wedges!
Look below for all the nutrition facts as well as a break down of the nutrition for all the ingredients!
Love to hear you thoughts below!
Lactose Dairy Free Diabetic Friendly Low Carb Nut Free
|Ingredient||Linked To Nutritional Value||Cal||Fat||Carb|
|3 Each garlic||Garlic, cloves, fresh||6.75||0.05||1.5|
|2 Tablespoon lemon juice||Juice, lemon, fresh||3.35||0.05||1.05|
|1 Each stevia||Sweetener, stevia, pwd, pkt||2||0||0.5|
|2 Tablespoon parsley||Herb, parsley, fresh, chpd||1.4||0.05||0.25|
|.25 Cup water||Water, tap, municipal||0||0||0|
|2 Each avocado||Avocado, avg, fresh||321.6||29.5||17.15|
|2 Each tomatos||Tomatoes, fresh, med||25||0||5|
|3 Ounce-weight turkey bacon||Bacon, turkey, ckd||162.45||11.85||1.35|