This is about the simplest pasta recipe you will find and it is quite healthy! Have you paired raisins and feta cheese before? How about in a pasta dish? This one is sure to get some content nods from your dinner guests!
Cook Time: 45 Min. Serves: 4 Calories: 401 Total Fat: 16 grams Protein: 11 grams
Tender whole wheat penne with dry california raisins, fresh kale, and crumbled feta cheese. Serve al fresco if possible.
8 ounces of wheat pasta
1/3 cup of raisins
1 cup of water
3 cups fo kale
4 tablespoons of margarine
1.4 cup of feta cheese
1/2 a teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Unpack and measure your whole wheat pasta and then cook it according to the directions on the package. Pay attention to the clock! Once there is 3 minutes left until the pasta is done, add the kale right into the rolling hot water. Cook for 3 minutes and then drain the entire contents of the pot, pasta, kale and all.
- In the meantime, add raisins to a small bowl with some hot water and cover them to steam until the pasta kale mixture are totally done. Yes you are steaming the raisins.
- Next, add your melted butter spread to a heavy-bottomed frying pan and melt the butter, while occasionally swirling the pan, over medium-low heat. Keeping the heat medium low is essential or else you will burn the butter. Continue to swirl the margarine/ butter in the pan until it starts to become brown in color. You are looking for a light brown, you will notice that the butter will begin to smell nutty. Again, watch the butter spread closely because it can burn quickly.
- Once the butter spread has browned, add pasta and kale right into the pan and as well as the raisins (which you need to drain first). Pour the contents of the pan into a serving bowl.
- Let the bowl sit for a moment for the heat to reduce before adding the final ingredient, the feta cheese! Toss the feta into the pasta and serve it warm!
Look below for all the nutrition facts as well as a break down of the nutrition for all the ingredients!
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 137 Calories 401
% Daily value
diabetic friendly low fat low sodium nut free vegetarian
|Ingredient||Linked To Nutritional Value||Cal||Fat||Carb|
|8 Ounce-weight wheat pasta||Pasta, penne, whole wheat, dry, pkg||212.7||1.6||42.6|
|.3 Cup raisin||Raisins, seedless, packed cup||37||0.1||9.8|
|1 Cup water||Water, tap, municipal||0||0||0|
|3 Cup kale||Cabbage, kale, fresh, chpd||25.2||0.4||5.1|
|4 Tablespoon margarine||Margarine, 80% fat||100.4||11.3||0.1|
|.25 Cup feta||Cheese, feta, crumbled||24.8||2||0.4|
|.5 Teaspoon salt||Salt, Kosher, coarse||0||0||0|
|.5 Teaspoon black pepper||Spice, pepper, black, ground||0.8||0.1||0.2|
Love to hear you thoughts below!