Eating salads is a super-convenient way to work in a couple of servings of vegetables and/or fruit. They fill you up but keep you looking lean and fresh! You’ll be amazed at how easy they are to whip up at home and you can always switch up the ingredients, let your imaginations run wild and let us know what you come up with!
A cup of arugula contains .52 g of protein, .13 g of total fat, .73 g of carbohydrates, .3 g of fiber and .41 g of natural sugars. Arugula is low in fat, low in salt, high in fiber, and cholesterol-free. At a negligible 5 calories per cup, arugula is truly a low-calorie food; you would need to eat nearly 20 cups of arugula to get the calories afforded by a single medium-sized apple. Arugula’s healthy amounts of dietary fiber help to create a feeling of fullness, and may help you avoid snacking on more fattening fare.
Mangoes are very much beneficial for people suffering from acidity and its enzymes helps to relieve indigestion problems. The Bio-active elements such as Esters, Terpenes and Aldehydes present in mango aids to easy digestion.
Cook Time: 20 Min. • Serves: 2 • Calories: 549 • Total Fat: 30 grams • Protein: 13 grams
We made ours with Arugula, Shrimp, Mango, and Pecans, all summer super foods that are tasty and nutritious!
For the Dressing:
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- 1 ½ tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Stevia
For the Salad:
- 2 cups Spinach
- 2 cup Arugula
- 3 tablespoons chopped soft Goat Cheese
- 2 Ripe and Juicy Mangoes
- 10 Medium sized Shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 1 tablespoon chopped Pecans or Walnuts
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Wash the Spinach and Arugula, then pat dry and set aside.
- Peel and devein the shrimp. Add water to a medium sized sauce pan and turn on high. When water begins to boil add the cleaned shrimp and cook for about 5-6 minutes, or until the shrimp turn orange and white and are cooked all the way through.
- Remove the shrimp from the boiling water once they are done and set aside to cook for a few minutes.
- In the meantime peel and cube the mangoes.
- Roughly chop the pecans, or walnuts.
- Cut bite sized pieces of goat cheese.
- For the dressing, simmer the orange juice, and balsamic with the stevia til it has all melted and thickened slightly. About 4 minutes.
- Pour it out and let it cool down.
- Mix all the salad ingredients into a large bowl then give the dressing a quick shake and drizzle it over the salad.
Look below for all the nutrition facts as well as a break down of the nutrition for all the ingredients!
|Ingredient||Linked To Nutritional Value||Cal||Fat||Carb|
|10 Each shrimp||Shrimp, mixed species, raw, med||21.3||0.35||0.3|
|2 Cup spinach||Spinach, baby, fresh||10||0||2.6|
|2 Cup arugula||Greens, arugula, chpd, fresh||5||0.15||0.75|
|1.5 Ounce-weight goat cheese||Cheese, goat, soft||57||4.5||0.2|
|2 Each mango||Mango, fresh, whole||201.6||1.3||50.35|
|1 Tablespoon pecan||Nuts, pecans, halves||21.4||2.25||0.45|
|.8 Teaspoon salt||Salt, Kosher, coarse||0||0||0|
|.8 Teaspoon black pepper||Spice, pepper, black, ground||2.35||0.05||0.6|
|.5 Cup orange juice||Juice, orange, fresh||27.9||0.15||6.45|
|1.5 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar||Vinegar, balsamic||10.6||0||2.05|
|3 Tablespoon olive oil||Oil, olive, extra virgin||189||21||0|
|1 Individual Packet stevia||Sweetener, stevia, pwd, pkt||2||0||0.5|
Love to hear you thoughts below!