If you love beets you’ve come to the right place! This beet, ricotta, and feta ravioli recipe is about as low impact as making them from scratch can be! Have you ever used wonton wrappers for ravioli before? You are about to!
Cook Time: 30 Min. Serves: 4 Calories: 598 Total Fat: 12 grams Protein: 26 grams
Red beet and feta cheese ravioli sealed in wonton wrappers and dressed with extra virgin olive oil and fresh chives.
3 small cooked beets.
1/2 cup of part skim ricotta cheese
1/4 cup of feta cheese
1 fresh lemon
1 whole organic brown egg
Kosher salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
32 wonton wrappers
4 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil.
Fresh chives for garnish
1. Begin by shredding the cooked beets finely with a cheese grater in a medium sized mixing bowl.
2. Next add the ricotta cheese, feta cheese, a squeeze of lemon, and salt and pepper to taste into the mixing bowl. Mix the ingredients together until the texture turns into thick paste.
3. Set the mixture aside.
4. Place the wonton wrappers on a clean, dry cutting board.
5. Using an empty opened food can or drinking glass take two wrappers at a time and press down on them with the can, using it like you would a cookie cutter. Remove the excess wrapper on the perimeter of the can and continue this method with the remainder of the wrappers until you have a whole bunch of round wonton wrappers.
6. Once you are done with this, lay 1 wonton wrapper on the cutting board and top it with roughly 1 tablespoon of the beet filling.
7. With your pinky finger brush edge of wonton wrapper with water then place another wonton wrapper on top of the filling.
8. Press the edges together with a fork tightly and set it aside!
9. Repeat this process with the remaining wonton wrappers and filling.
10. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add a pinch of salt and extra virgin olive oil.
11. Gently add the raviolis and cook them until they are tender yet firm, about 3-4 minutes.
12. Use a ladle to remove the raviolis’ and let the access water drain. Do so with care they break easily!
13. Add 4 raviolis to each serving plate and drizzle 1 teaspoon of olive oil over each serving.
14. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and chives
Look below for all the nutrition facts as well as a break down of the nutrition for all the ingredients!
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 106 Calories 598
% Daily value
|Ingredient||Linked To Nutritional Value||Cal||Fat||Carb|
|3 Each beet||Beet, fresh, whole, 2″||26.5||0.1||5.9|
|.5 Cup ricotta||Cheese, ricotta, part skim||42.8||2.5||1.6|
|.4 Cup feta||Cheese, feta, crumbled||39.6||3.2||0.7|
|1 Ounce-weight lemon||Lemon, fresh, med||1.9||0||0.7|
|1 Each egg||Egg White, raw, lrg||4.3||0.1||0.1|
|1 Teaspoon kosher||Salt, Kosher, coarse||0||0||0|
|1 Teaspoon black pepper||Spice, pepper, black, ground||1.5||0.1||0.4|
|31 Each wonton wrapper||Wrappers, wonton, square||439.2||1.3||90.5|
|4 Teaspoon olive oil||Oil, olive, extra virgin||42||4.7|