I love pizza… with tons of cheese. It’s my Achilles heel! Without a lot of cheese, I find pizza not worth eating. The problem is, cheese can really jack up the calorie count of anything. Especially when you’re not the one making it. It’s scary to consider all the calories in a slice of extra cheese pizza.
For the most part, though, if I’m going to actually enjoy having it, sans any guilt, I go homemade. That way, I can have pizza that is exactly to my liking, in satisfying proportions and still not go overboard on the calories.
Being the chef also allows you to use your favorite ingredients in any dish. Recently I can’t get enough of kale, and eating it in a pizza bagel makes me love it even more. Kale is very versatile and nutritious green leafy vegetable. It is widely recognized as an incredibly nutritious vegetable since ancient Greek and Roman times for its low fat, no cholesterol but health benefiting anti-oxidant properties.
Cook Time: 10 Min. • Serves: 1 • Calories: 571 • Total Fat: 6 grams • Protein: 151 grams
It takes only 10 minutes, easy on the budget, and kids love ‘em too!
- 1 Everything Bagel
- 1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese, nonfat & shredded
- 5 tbsp Store Bought Marinara
- 2 Cups Kale, chopped
- A Dash of Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Slice the bagel in half and place it on top a piece of parchment paper that’s covering a cookie sheet.
- Top each bagel slice with equal amounts of the marinara sauce, kale, seasonings, and cheese.
- Place the pizza bagels in the oven and bake for about 8 minutes, or until you reach the desired doneness.
- Remove the pizza bagels from the oven with a hot mitt and let cool about 2 minutes then enjoy!
Look below for all the nutrition facts as well as a break down of the nutrition for all the ingredients!
|Ingredient||Linked To Nutritional Value||Cal||Fat||Carb|
|2 Cup kale||Cabbage, kale, fresh, chpd||67||1||13|
|5 Tablespoon marinara sauce||Sauce, pasta, marinara (Prego)||56||3||6|
|1 Cup mozzarella cheese||Cheese, mozzarella, nonfat, shred||159||0||4|
|.8 Teaspoon salt||Salt, Kosher, coarse||0||0||0|
|.8 Teaspoon garlic powder||Spice, garlic powder||4||0||1|
|.8 Teaspoon black pepper||Spice, pepper, black, dash||5||0||1|
Love to hear you thoughts below!