It’s Monday, and you’ve spent the whole weekend outside, running errands, and taking care of your little ones. So now starts the new work week and you’re exhausted. What’s the best meal to start off this week?
Woah is me, what am I to do? The Kitchen Sink Supper Salad! What is this, you ask? Simple. Situation: Monday, tired and hungry. Solution: Throwing all the fresh veggies just laying around in your fridge into a bowl with some salsa and fat free ranch: et viola!
Since this dish is low calorie feel free to change out the veggies I used for the ones you already have hanging out at home. The point of this salad is to use up what you already have and make a healthy nutritious meal out of it, all at once!
Grab a big bowl, and you’re fork. We’re about to get cookin y’all.
Cook Time: 20 Min. • Serves: 4 • Calories: 553 • Total Fat: 18 grams • Protein: 26 gram
This dish is a great way to clean out your fridge and give you that healthy boost to tackle the week ahead of you!
- 2 Cups Arugula
- 2 Cup Ice Berg Lettuce
- 2 Cup Romaine Lettuce
- 1 Cup Carrots, shredded
- 1 Cup Black Beans
- 1 Cup Jalapenos, Sliced
- 1 Cup Red Onion, Chopped
- 1 Cup Red Cabbage, Chopped
- 1 Large Avocado, pitted and cubed
- 2 Cup Quinoa, cooked
- 1 Cup Fresh Store Bought Salsa
- 1/2 Cup Fat Free Ranch
- Bring 4 cups of water to a rapid boil seasoned with sea salt and olive oil. Add the quinoa and cook for about 17 minutes or until done.
- Rinse and dry the arugula, iceberg lettuce, and romaine. Do the same with all the other veggies you’re using and then set those aside.
- Shred the iceberg and romaine then take all the greens and toss them into a large salad bowl.
- Top with the jalapenos and black beans. Grate the carrots and cheese over the salad.
- Chop up the red onion and red cabbage and throw them into the salad too.
- Remove the pit and cube the avocado, then.. well you know what to do with it by now.
- Mix the salsa and fat free ranch together and drizzle it over the salad.
- Fluff the quinoa once it’s done and throw that into to the salad too. Make sure everything is evenly mixed and you’re done!
Look below for all the nutrition facts as well as a break down of the nutrition for all the ingredients!
|Ingredient||Linked To Nutritional Value||Cal||Fat||Carb|
|2 Cup arugula||Greens, arugula, chpd, fresh||2.5||0||0.25|
|2 Cup ice berg lettuce||Lettuce, iceberg, fresh, shred||5||0||1|
|2 Cup romaine lettuce||Lettuce, romaine, fresh, shred||4||0||0.75|
|1 Cup carrots||Carrot, fresh, grated||11.25||0||2.75|
|1 Cup cheddar cheese||Cheese, cheddar, shredded||113.75||9.25||0.25|
|1 Cup black beans||Beans, black, mature||165.5||0.75||30.25|
|1 Cup jalapeno||Pepper, chili, jalapeno, fresh, sliced||6.5||0||1.5|
|1 Cup red onion||Onion, red, fresh, chpd||16||0||3.75|
|1 Cup salsa||Salsa, rts||17.25||0||4|
|.5 Cup ranch||Salad Dressing, ranch, fat free||33.25||0.5||7.5|
|1 Cup red cabbage||Cabbage, fresh, shredded||4.25||0||1|
|1 Each avocado||Avocado, fresh, med||62.5||5.75||3.75|
|2 Cup quinoa||Quinoa, ckd||111||1.75||19.75|
Love to hear you thoughts below!