If you’re in the mood for a decadent pasta dinner try our healthy Lemony Shrimp Linguine recipe! Excepting guests? Want to surprise your significant other when they get home from work? No problem, simply double up on the ingredients. Kids love this too!
The subtle but zesty star in this dish is the lemon juice. Saying that lemons are a superfood is an understatement. Their medicinal properties are never ending and they add abundant flavor to a variety of dishes. Lemon juice is an excellent source of vitamins C and B, proteins, carbohydrates, and phosphorous. The flavanoids within the juice are said to contain antioxidants, which is why it’s so useful in treating so many ailments and conditions. Lemons even cure you of the hiccups! And they wake up your liver and help flush out toxins in the morning, so add a few fresh squeezes of lemon to your water or tea and you’ll start to notice the difference in just a few weeks.
Cook Time: 20 Min. • Serves: 1 • Calories: 598 • Total Fat: 7 grams • Protein: 85 grams
In just 20 minutes or less you can enjoy this healthy rich dish knowing you’re eating something low calorie, low carb, and diabetic friendly!
- ¼ lb Shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 1 cup Linguine
- ½ teaspoon Light Unsalted Butter
- 1 ½ fl oz Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 5 small Light Mozzarella cheese balls, diced
- 1 Garlic Clove, diced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Bring 3 cups of seasoned water to a boil over high heat in a large pot. Place the linguine in the water and cook until done, about 7-10 minutes for al dente.
- Peel, devein, and wash the shrimp, then set them aside on a paper towel to absorbed any excess water.
- Dice the garlic clove and parsley. Then add the garlic to a large non-stick chefs pan over medium high heat. Toss the shrimp in and sauté until they being to turn pink.
- Add the butter, fresh lemon juice, and parsley to the pan. Continue to stir occasionally so they shrimp do not over cook on one side. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Dice up the mozzarella balls into four and drain the linguine.
- Mix the mozzarella and linguine together on a dinner plate and top with the lemony garlic shrimp mixture. Eat while hot!
Look below for all the nutrition facts as well as a break down of the nutrition for all the ingredients!
|Ingredient||Linked To Nutritional Value||Cal||Fat||Carb|
|.25 Pound shrimp||Shrimp, ckd||135||2||0|
|1.8 Ounce-weight linguine||Pasta, semolina, linguine, dry (Golden Grain Mission)||183||1||37|
|.5 Tablespoon butter||Butter, light, unsalted||35||4||0|
|1.5 Fluid ounce lemon||Juice, lemon, fresh||10||0||3|
|1 Tablespoon parsley||Herb, parsley, fresh, chpd||1||0||0|
|5 Each mozzarella||Cheese, mozzarella, ball, 1″ cube (Healthy Choice)||225||0||5|
|.8 Teaspoon kosher salt||Salt, Kosher, coarse||0||0||0|
|.8 Teaspoon black pepper||Spice, pepper, black, dash||5||0||1|
|1 Each garlic||Garlic, cloves, fresh||4||0||1|
Love to hear you thoughts below!