If you love portabella mushrooms you’ve come to the right place! Our stuffed Portabella mushrooms not only look fancy, but give you an earthy, rich, heck, down right meaty taste experience that is 100% vegetarian! Get ready to try a great healthy recipe that will keep your taste buds dancing and your stomach thin!
Cook Time: 35 Min. Serves: 2 Calories: 286 Total Fat: 12 grams Protein: 16 grams
Lentil stuffing with herbs and fresh vegetables packed into large portabello mushrooms and baked with fresh double cream brie and garnished with fresh Basil. Microgreen and heirloom tomato salad on the side.
2 large portabello mushrooms
1/2 a red onion
1 green onion
2 cloves of minced garlic
1 tablespoon of EEVO
.5 teaspoon of dry thyme
.5 teaspoon of dry rosemary
.5 teaspoon of dry oregano
Fresh Basil leaf for garnish
1 ounce of micro greens
4 ounces of mini tomatos
2 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar
2. Cook onions, garlic, and herbs until they are tender and then stir in the cooked lentils with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Next, transfer the lentil vegetable mixture into a large bowl.
4. Decap the mushrooms carefully. Cook the mushrooms a few minutes on each side on low heat in the pan, or put them in the oven at 350 for about 10 minutes, OR microwave them for a minute, to get the moisture out of them. You will need to blot out all the water that they sweat as they begin to cook.
5. Now you are ready to fill the mushrooms. Place the mushrooms, cap down, in a baking dish or tray. Fill the mushrooms with lentil mixture. Add a few small slices of brie cheese over each and place them under broiler until they are warm and the cheese starts to melt.
6. Plate the mushrooms and garnish with basil. As a side salad adjacent on the plate use micro greens and half slices of mini heirloom tomatoes with a bit of balsamic vinegar over the top. The freshness of the greens and tomatoes will be a good compliment to the rich meaty flavors of the mushrooms!
Look below for all the nutrition facts as well as a break down of the nutrition for all the ingredients!
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 105 Calories 286
% Daily value
|Ingredient||Linked To Nutritional Value||Cal||Fat||Carb|
|2 Each mushroom||Mushrooms, portabella, fresh||27||0.15||4.35|
|1 Cup lentil||Beans, lentils, mature, ckd||114.85||0.4||19.95|
|.5 Each red onion||Onion, red, fresh, med, whole, 2 1/2″||11||0.05||2.6|
|1 Each green onion||Onion, green, tops only, fresh, stalk||1.65||0.05||0.35|
|.5 Teaspoon herb||Herb, oregano, ground||1.2||0.05||0.35|
|.5 Teaspoon herb||Herb, thyme, leaf, dried||0.7||0.05||0.2|
|.5 Teaspoon herb||Herb, rosemary, leaf, ground||1.2||0.05||0.25|
|1 Tablespoon olive oil||Oil, olive, extra virgin||63||7||0|
|1 Ounce-weight brie||Cheese, brie||47.35||3.95||0.1|
|4 Ounce-weight tomato||Tomatoes, red, cherry, fresh, year round avg||10.25||0.15||2.25|
|1 Ounce-weight salad||Salad, Field Greens||2.55||0||0.7|
|2 Teaspoon balsamic vinegar||Vinegar, balsamic||4.7||0||0.95|
Love to hear you thoughts below!