Pairing your protein with the right side dish is always important. This balsamic marinated rosemary chicken breast gives you rich chicken with the sweet savory flavors of prosciutto wrapped melon. Pieces of unadulterated, yellow, heirloom tomatoes between bites freshen the palette!
Cook Time: 45 Min. Serves: 2 Calories: 502 Total Fat: 17 grams Protein: 62 grams
Balsamic vinegar and rosemary grilled chicken breast served with fresh cantaloupe wrapped in thin slices of prosciutto and paired with small, yellow, heirloom tomatoes.
12 ounces of chicken breast
3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon of fresh rosemary
4 ounces of prosciutto
1/2 a cantaloupe
3 teaspoons of olive oil
1 cup of tomatoes
1. Start by marinating your chicken breast in balsamic vinegar for 30 minutes. A great clean way to do this is to use a small plastic ziplock sandwich bag. You end up using far less balsamic vinegar (or whatever marinade) and if you suck some of the air out when you close bag the liquid is encouraged to enter whatever you are going to marinade, in this case chicken breast.
2. After you have let the chicken soak for about 30 minutes, remove it from the marinade and the coat/ rub the outside of the chicken breast with fresh rosemary. You can pulverize/ or chop up the rosemary to rub it on the chicken breast if desired. Through the cooking process much of the rosemary will fall off, this is normal.
3. When you are grilling the chicken periodically brush it with additional balsamic and add rosemary near the end. Adding additional fresh rosemary near the end will give a great nose to the chicken when you serve it.
4. When the chicken is done set it aside.
5. Slice the cantaloupe into appetizing spears and wrap each spear with prosciutto. IF you do this right it should almost have the proportion and visual appeal of nigiri sushi.
6. Next slice your the tomatoes into small halves. It is tedious work but worth it when you plate the food.
7. Plate the food with care! Make certain to drizzle olive oil over the chicken breast and be sure to crack a little pepper on the top as a finishing touch!
Look below for all the nutrition facts as well as a break down of the nutrition for all the ingredients!
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 153 Calories 502
% Daily value
Love to hear you thoughts below
|Ingredient||Linked To Nutritional Value||Cal||Fat||Carb|
|12 Ounce-weight chicken breast||Chicken, breast, fillet, chargrilled||215.4||3.3||2.2|
|1 Tablespoon rosemary||Herb, rosemary, fresh||1.4||0.1||0.3|
|4 Ounce-weight prosciutto||Pork, prosciutto, sliced||121.5||6.1||2.1|
|3 Tablespoon balsamic||Vinegar, balsamic||21.2||0||4.1|
|.5 Each melon canteloupe||Melon, cantaloupe, fresh, lrg, 6 1/2″, USDA||69.2||0.4||16.7|
|3 Teaspoon olive oil||Oil, olive, extra virgin||63||7||0|
|1 Cup tomato||Tomatoes, yellow, fresh, chpd||10.5||0.2||2.1|