When salmon is fresh and prepared correctly it can be one of the most decadent fish to eat. This recipe will show you how to prepare exceptional gourmet salmon all by yourself! Salmon is also very high in omega 3′s the healthy fats so get ready to learn how to make a heathy recipe that has all the attributes of an expensive restaurant entree!
Cook Time: 30 Min. Serves: 2 Calories: 348 Total Fat: 19 grams Protein: 36 grams
Fresh atlantic salmon baked with lemon and served with homemade basil vegannaise
2, 6 oz Salmon Fillets
5-6 fresh Basil leaves
4 tablespoons Vegenaise
1 beefsteak tomato
Salt and Pepper to Taste
Olive Oil Spray
- First preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Gently rinse off both pieces of salmon and pat dry. If the salmon you bought comes with the skin on you can leave it or remove it. To remove it you will need a really sharp fillet knife and just cut underneath the skin between the meat and fatty white tissue. We recommend leaving it on though. You do not eat the skin when it’s done and the salmon meat does separate easily from the skin. The skin also helps keep the salmon moist during cooking. If you leave the skin on during the cooking process cut it up and give it to your furry four legged friend, they will love this omega packed treat!
- Once the salmon is prepped to your liking mist the olive oil spray into a casserole dish or oven safe pan.
- Place both pieces of fish in the pan and season with salt and pepper to desired taste.
- Put the seasoned fish fillets into the oven uncovered and cook for 20-30 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish. A good rule of thumb is for each 1″ of thickness, figure on 10 minutes of baking time.
- While the fish is baking finely chop up the basil.
- In a small mixing bowl add the basil, vegenaise, and a few squeezes of lemon and then thoroughly mix together.
- Slice the tomato and set aside.
- Once fish is ready pull the fillets out of the oven and let rest 3-5 minutes.
- Plate each piece of fish and top with 1 slice of the tomato and a dollop of the basil veganaise.
Look below for all the nutrition facts as well as a break down of the nutrition for all the ingredients!
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 167 Calories 348
% Daily value
Love to hear you thoughts below!