Our motto, if you are going to eat red meat, eat it in moderation, and make it delicious! This recipe for ribeye rubbed with Herbes de Provence is right on the mark, instead of traditional mashed potatoes we pair it with creamy cauliflower mash. We think you may like it more!
Cook Time: 45 Min. Serves: 2 Calories: 595 Total Fat: 33 grams Protein: 61 grams
Provance rubbed organic grassfed ribeye steak with extra virgin olive oil and cauliflower mashed potatoes garnished with fresh dill.
3/4 pound cut of well marbled ribeye steak
1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt
2 tablespoons of herb de provence blend
.5 teaspoon of fresh cracked black pepper
1 teaspoon of EEVO
1 whole small cauliflower head
5 ounces of greek yogurt
2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese
2 whole garlic cloves
1 ounce of minced shallots
2 tablespoons of margarine
So what are herbes de Provence?
[EHRB duh proh-VAWN , S]
An assortment of dried herbs said to reflect those most commonly used in southern France. The blend can be found packed in tiny clay crocks in the spice section of large supermarkets. The mixture commonly contains BASIL, FENNEL seed, LAVENDER, MARJORAM, ROSEMARY, SAGE, summer SAVORY and THYME. The blend can be used to season dishes of meat, poultry and vegetables.
- In a tiny bowl, or on your cutting board, combine the herbs with the salt.
- Preheat a stove-top grill or your BBQ. While the pan is heating, generously season both sides of the steak with the herb mixture, using all of it. Crack a bit of black pepper and drizzle both sides with olive oil. Place the steak on the preheated grill — you should hear a sizzling sound right away. If you don’t, your pan’s not hot enough yet. Wait until it’s very hot and listen for the sizzle! (Try not to move the steak during the first couple minutes of cooking. This will allow it to form a nice, brown crust.)
- Keep the heat at medium and cook the steak to the desired doneness. For medium-rare, cook for about 2 minutes per side.
- Remove the steak from the pan, place it on a plate, and cover with foil. Let it rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing.
Now for the Cauliflower Mash!
- In a medium pot, bring water to boil.
- Add cauliflower florets to the boiling water and let cook for about 8 minutes or until soft.
- Remove and drain. In a food processor, combine the cauliflower with the greek yogurt, butter, garlic and shallots and blend until a creamy consistency.
- Add salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl and while hot, mix in the parmigiano.
Look below for all the nutrition facts as well as a break down of the nutrition for all the ingredients!
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 297 Calories 595
% Daily value
|Ingredient||Linked To Nutritional Value||Cal||Fat||Carb|
|.75 Pound rib eye||Beef, rib eye steak, lean, brld, select, 0″ trim||309.6||10.3||0|
|.25 Teaspoon kosher salt||Salt, Kosher, coarse||0||0||0|
|2 Tablespoon herbs de provence||Herb Blend, herbes de Provence||0||0||0|
|.5 Teaspoon black pepper||Spice, pepper, black, ground||1.45||0.05||0.4|
|1 Teaspoon olive oil||Oil, olive, extra virgin||21||2.35||0|
|1 Each cauliflower||Cauliflower, head, sml, 4″, fresh||33.15||0.4||6.6|
|5 Fluid ounce greek yogurt||Yogurt, Greek||93.75||7.2||2.2|
|2 Tablespoon parmesan||Cheese, parmesan, grated||21.55||1.45||0.2|
|2 Each garlic||Garlic, cloves, fresh||4.5||0.05||1|
|1 Ounce-weight shallot||Shallots, fresh||9.45||0||2.4|
|2 Tablespoon margarine||Margarine, 80% fat||100.4||11.3||0.1|
Love to hear you thoughts below!