This sweet vegetarian pasta is a perfect dish to embrace the fresh spirit of spring. Colorful pappardelle, fresh italian parsley, and pinot grigio bring a crisp light theme to this pasta dish. It is also prepared without any added salt. For those watching their sodium levels this dish is perfect!
Cook Time: 25 Min. Serves: 2 Calories: 547 Total Fat: 32 grams Protein: 22 grams
Multi color pappardelle pasta and fresh mozzarella with a pinot grigio infused fresh marinara from fresh tomatoes, fresh italian parsley, baby spinach and shallots.
1.5 cups of rainbow pappardelle pasta
3 whole fresh ripe tomatos
2 ounces of pinot grigio wine
1.5 tablespoons of EVOO
.5 teaspoon of cracked black pepper
6 ounces of fresh mozzarella cheese
1. Start by bringing water to a boil and cooking the pappardelle pasta per the instructions on the package. You want it to be al dente.
2. Prep your vegetables. Mince the shallot and slice your tomatoes and italian parsley.
3. In a medium saucepan add .5 teaspoon of EEVO and then sautee the vegetables.
4. After about a minute of sautéing the veggies add the pinot grigio and reduce the heat, stirring the full mixture occasionally for 5 minutes. The alcohol cooks out and the sweetness of the wine brings all the vegetable flavors together. You may notice that there is no salt used in this dish. If you think it needs a little go ahead, just a pinch though!
5. The best plate to use for this dish will feature the color of the pappardelle. This means plating the sauce first and adding the pappardelle and mozzarella on top. It is important to heat the dish before plating, this will allow the dish to be hot enough to begin to melt the mozzarella. You can garnish the dish with additional italian parsley.
Note: When heating a serving dish be careful not to go overboard. You are not serving sizzling fajitas! You are simply warming the dish. Make certain that you inform your guest, diner, there person eating the food, that their dish may be hot before serving it.
Look below for all the nutrition facts as well as a break down of the nutrition for all the ingredients!
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 281 Calories 547
% Daily value
|Ingredient||Linked To Nutritional Value||Cal||Fat||Carb|
|1.5 Cup pasta||Pasta, shells, sml, enrich, ckd||136.3||0.8||26.7|
|3 Each tomatos||Tomatoes, fresh, med||37.5||0||7.5|
|1 Fluid ounce shallot||Shallots, fresh||10.1||0||2.6|
|2 Ounce-weight pinot grigio||Wine, white, pinot grigio||23.7||0||0.6|
|1 Cup spinach||Spinach, fresh, chpd||3.5||0.1||0.6|
|.2 Cup parsley||Herb, parsley, fresh, chpd||2.2||0.1||0.4|
|1.5 Tablespoon olive oil||Oil, olive, extra virgin||94.5||10.5||0|
|.5 Teaspoon black pepper||Spice, pepper, black, ground||1.5||0.1||0.4|
|6 Ounce-weight fresh mozzarella||Cheese, mozzarella, fresh, balls, bites, svg||237.4||19.8||0|
Love to hear you thoughts below!