We think you’ll enjoy this easy gourmet recipe! It’s perfect just in time for summer and it’ll fill you up but leave you feeling lean and energized. You can wipe it together in just 30 minutes and most of the ingredients are already sitting in your pantry!
Your taste buds will jump for the lemon sauce! It goes great over chicken and salmon too. Simply double the ingredients if you’re expecting a guest for dinner.
Lemon-juice is a powerful antibacterial. It has been proved by experiments that the bacteria of malaria, cholera, diphtheria, typhoid and other deadly diseases are destroyed in lemon-juice.
It also contains some vitamin A. Natural vitamin C is much more effective than the synthetic one. Vitamin C of lemon-juice is very effective because it is combined with bioflavonoids (vitamin P). In addition to Vitamin C, lemon also contains niacin and thiamin in small amounts.
One should not take concentrated lemon-juice. It should be diluted with water before taking it. Pure lemon juice contains acid which is injurious to the enamel of teeth.
Cook Time: 30 Min. • Serves: 1 • Calories: 524 • Total Fat: 15 grams • Protein: 62 grams
Buttery tilapia marinated in a fresh lemon parsley sauce over a bed of garlic spinach and a sweet potato mash on the side.
- 7oz Tilapia Filet
- 2 fl oz Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon White Cooking Wine
- ½ teaspoon Corn Starch
- 2 teaspoons Parsley
- 3 cups Spinach
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Medium Sweet Potato, skin removed
- 1 oz Feta
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 5-6 Sprays of Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 350F. Peel skin from the sweet potato and pierce all over with a fork. Wrap the sweet potato in tin foil and place on the top rack of the oven and let back for about 30 minutes, or until the sweet potato is cooked all the way through.
- Whisk the lemon juice, white cooking wine, and a splash of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper then add the cornstarch. Mix with a spoon until smooth. Lastly add in the fresh chopped parsley.
- Wash the tilapia and pat dry. Find a oven safe casserole dish long enough to hold the fish and spray a bit of olive oil in the dish. Add the fish and cover with the lemon sauce. Set the fish aside in the fridge for about 15 minutes until the sweet potato is done.
- Once the sweet potato is ready, remove it from the oven lower the heat to 300F and add the fish. Bake the fish for about 8-9 minutes, you’ll know when it’s ready because the color turns opaque.
- Mash the sweet potato in a small bowl and add the feta cheese, cumin, and a dash of salt and pepper. Make sure the ingredients are mixed evenly but not overly smashed, this will change the texture when you pan fry it. Form the sweet potato into a patty.
- In a small chef’s pan over medium-high heat spray a hint of olive oil and add the sweet potato patty. Press down on the patty and let cook for about 5 minutes on each side or at least until the edges brown and crisp.
- While the sweet potato patty is cooking mince the garlic cloves and wash the spinach.
- In a medium-sized chefs pan over medium heat roast the garlic in a few sprays of olive oil and once the smell becomes more potent add the spinach and sauté over low heat for about 4 minutes.
- Plate the spinach with the tilapia on top and the sweet potato patty on the side.
Look below for all the nutrition facts as well as a break down of the nutrition for all the ingredients!
|Ingredient||Linked To Nutritional Value||Cal||Fat||Carb|
|7 Ounce-weight tilapia||Fish, tilapia, bkd/brld||254.1||5.3||0|
|2 Fluid ounce lemon||Juice, lemon, fresh||13.5||0.2||4.3|
|1 Teaspoon white wine||Wine, cooking, white||3.4||0||0|
|.5 Teaspoon corn starch||Starch, corn||5||0||1.2|
|2 Teaspoon parsley||Herb, parsley, fresh, chpd||1||0.1||0.2|
|3 Cup spinach||Spinach, fresh, chpd||20.7||0.4||3.3|
|2 Each garlic||Garlic, cloves, fresh||9||0.1||2|
|1 Each sweet potato||Sweet Potatoes, dark orange, ckd w/o skin, med||114.8||0.3||26.8|
|.8 Teaspoon salt||Salt, Kosher, coarse||0||0||0|
|.8 Teaspoon black pepper||Spice, pepper, black, ground||4.7||0.1||1.2|
|.5 Teaspoon olive oil||Oil, olive, extra virgin||21||2.4||0|
|.25 Teaspoon cumin||Spice, cumin, seeds, ground||1.8||0.1||0.2|
|1 Ounce-weight feta||Cheese, feta, crumbled||74.9||6.1||1.2|
Love to hear you thoughts below!