For the easiest pizza you’ll ever prepare, try using lavash! Lavash is a thin flatbread that makes a great substitute for traditional pizza dough. When you bake it, lavash becomes crispy on the edges. If you let it go for too long in the oven, it will be crisp all the way through, like a cracker. This is the ultimate “thin crust” pizza. Good luck ever rolling traditional pizza dough this thin! Another amazing benefit of using lavash is it is very low in calories!
Cook Time: 30 Min. Serves: 2 Calories: 383 Total Fat: 21 grams Protein: 12 grams
Middle Eastern Lavash Pizza with marinara, white mushrooms, red onions, baby spinach, and an intriguing blend of feta and vegan cheese.
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 oz Vegan Cheddar Cheese
- ¾ cup store bought Marinara sauce
- 64 grams of Lavash, about ½ of a full flat sheet
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Begin by preheating your oven to 450°. If you have a pizza stone put it in the oven so it can begin to pre-heat as well.
2. Spread out your lavash and spray it lightly with oil. Trader Joe’s sells a great olive oil spray. Once you have coated the lavash with a light mist of oil spread your marinara sauce evenly. Be sparing with your marinara sauce, too much will make the lavash bread soggy. There are many varieties of lavash. At Iranian or other Middle Eastern markets, lavash is sold in sheets so big that half the bread dries out before you can finish it. As an alternative, Trader Joe’s now sells lavash in 9-by-12-inch sheets. However different varieties of lavash come with different a caloric loads. Brown thin lavash tends to be lighter in calories than the white variety that is sold at Trader Joe’s.
3. Cut your veggies and place them over the top of the pizza, in this instance we like mushrooms, onions, spinach, and a blend of feta and vegan cheddar cheese.
4. Season the top of the pie with salt and pepper or even dried herbs such as oregano and basil.
5. Bake the pizza for about 15 minutes. You will notice the edges start to rise as the pizza gets the desired crispiness.
6. Remove the pizza from the oven and let it rest for 2-3 minutes before slicing it and serving!
Look below for all the nutrition facts as well as a break down of the nutrition for all the ingredients!
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 183 Calories 383
% Daily value
|Ingredient||Linked To Nutritional Value||Cal||Fat||Carb|
|1 Cup mushrooms||Mushrooms, fresh, pces/slices||7.7||0.15||1.15|
|.5 Cup red onion||Onion, red, fresh, sliced||11.5||0.05||2.7|
|3 Cup spinach||Spinach, baby, fresh||15||0||3.9|
|.25 Cup feta cheese||Cheese, feta, crumbled||49.5||4||0.8|
|3 Ounce-weight vegan cheese||Cheese Substitute, Vegan Gourmet, cheddar||106.35||10.65||1.55|
|1 Cup marinara||Sauce, pasta, marinara||90||5||10|
|.5 Teaspoon salt||Salt, Kosher, coarse||0||0||0|
|.5 Teaspoon black pepper||Spice, pepper, black, ground||1.45||0.05||0.4|
|64 Gram Lavash||101.1||0.5||20.2|
Love to hear you thoughts below!